Classes start again 8th July 7pm-8.30pm
MMA at The FightLab Combat Arts in Huddersfield. Mixed martial arts (MMA) is a full contact combat sport that allows the use of both striking and grappling techniques, both standing and on the ground. MMA takes our JKD Concepts into the realms of full contact combat sports. The emphasis in this class is on training purely functional technique & contact sparring standing up & on the floor with PPE. We will pay particular attention to teaching you the fundamentals and making sure you improve in both skill and understanding of the sport at a comfortable pace. As you master your strikes, kicks and punches & grappling, we guarantee you'll be engaged and entertained with each new class.
Our key concepts at The FightLab's MMA training sessions are:
- Having no limitations
- Freedom of expression
- Simplicity & directness
- Economy of motion
- Non-Classical movement
- Non-telegraphic motion
- Understanding rhythm
- The four ranges
- Five ways of attack
- Centreline theory
- Combat realism
Here are just a few of the many benefits you can expect to see with our classes:
- Fitness MMA works every muscle in the body, and you will burn fat and build solid muscle with each class.
- Real world fighting skills Only the techniques that are proven to work at the highest level will survive. You don’t have to get into the cage or compete to learn the same techniques used by professional fighters!
- Stress-busting Let’s face it- hitting stuff is fun and releases a ton of stress! Not only will you feel great, but your stamina will also go through the roof!
- Join a team We have people who just want to learn to look after themselves and get fit and we have competitive fighters.
- Improved flexibility and coordination When your flexibility and coordination improves, you will move with ease and grace. You will be less likely to get pains or injuries and you will coast through your day like a well-oiled machine.
Come along on our next training night and speak with our friendly staff and students.