Filipino Kick-Boxing in Huddersfield. Our Filipino Kick-Boxing has similarities to western Boxing & Muay Thai, however with the addition of elbow striking, knees, low kicks, grappling, joint locks, trapping, takedown techniques & ground fighting. This class is ideal for sport or self defence. Muay Thai, Muay Thai, Kali, Escrima
Filipino Kick-Boxing is our modern take on Panantukan, the empty hand aspect of Filipino Kali. Filipino Kick-Boxing fuses striking, empty hand techniques with grappling techniques, standing and on the ground. This makes Filipino Kick-Boxing ideal for anyone wanting to train for MMA or Muay Thai competitions as well as self defence. In Filipino Kick-Boxing techniques have not been adapted for safety or conformance to a set of rules for competition, thus it has a reputation as "dirty street fighting".
Classes suitable for ages 13yrs+.
Some aspects are:
- Body manipulation: One goal is to off balance or move the opponents body by pushing, pulling, sweeps, takedowns & ground fighting.
- Limb destruction: The techniques are not only focused toward the face and body, but also will intentionally attack the limbs to “Defang the Snake” to render the attacker less effective or inflict pain.
- Filipino stick fighting: We focus on both the combative aspect – as in a duel format – and the street-fighting aspect of stick fighting.
Great for beginners and advanced students who wish to learn proper techniques. Classes will include footwork skills, pad work, bag training, sparring, and various partner drills to improve timing and reflexes.
- Core Strength
- Rapid Assault Tactics / Jeet Kune Do & Kali
- 1st Dan Black Belt Kickboxing
- 1st Degree, Red Prajioud (Instructor) in Muay Thai
- Cobra Self Defence certified instructor
- Cobra Martial Arts Association approved
- Member of the National Black Belt Register
Other styles studied to a significant length of time
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- Jeet Kune Do
- Keysi Fight Method
- Japanese Ju-Jitsu