In class tonight we worked on core striking skills, #panantukan entries, Muay Thai clinch knees & ground pins & joint locks. In the second class we worked our #Boxing, #MuayThai sparring, 6 count #Sinawali with double stick, single stick hubud & single stick sombrada.Integrated Defence Concepts. #selfdefence based #martialarts at Urban Fitness & Combat in #Huddersfield www.thefightlab.org
Single Direct Attack
– Commonly called SDA, this is nothing more than the shortest distance from weapon to target is a straight line.
Attack by Combination
– This is a sequence of two or more single attacks. They can be any combination, foot, fist, knee or whatever.
Attack by drawing
– In Attack by drawing you sucker the fellow in. You can do this by leaving an exposed target for him, or by moving so that he will respond in a certain manner, and so on.
Progressive Indirect Attack
– The fourth of the Five Ways of Attack is to move in a way that the opponent moves, and then shift your intention and attack along another line. For instance, a simple example of this would be to feint a punch to the face, and when the attacker raises his hands to block you punch him in the belly.
Hand Immobilisation Attack
– Attack by trapping. The idea is to slap your hands over or down, or somehow manipulate the opponent’s hands so they are trapped. You then take advantage of confusion, and usually superior positioning.
Public Self Protection Training. Defence Concepts (DefCon) self defence system.
Tuesday evenings at Urban Fitness & Combat in #Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Private & corporate training also available.
#selfdefence #selfdefence #selfprotection #security #business #holmfirth #yorkshire #manchester #training #personalprotection #personalsaftey
Self Defence Concepts at TheFightLab
Tuesdays 7.45pm £6
Based at Urban Fitness & Combat
Self Defence ConceptsWe know that martial arts can deliver self-defence skills however this class is focused on exactly that. The fluff and traditional elements of martial arts have been stripped away to provide functionality. There is no “wax on and wax off” here. It is just a functional and modern system. Our training consists of:
- Technique drilling
- Pressure testing
- Controlled sparring with protective equipment
- Street scenario training
- Knowledge of self defence law
At Urban Fitness & Combat in Huddersfield
New Self Defence class in Huddersfield. Starts Tuesday 13th February 8pm at Urban Fitness & Combat. £6 per person.
Message us, or text to +44 7523 205023 for more details.
Trying to encourage more women to take up Muay Thai Boxing! •Lose weight •Get fit •Learn self defence!
Classes in Lockwood, Huddersfield